EPF Payment Online on Employees’ Provident Fund Organization ( EPFO ) Portal epfindia.gov.in…
The contribution of PF account is although made both by the employer and the employee, payment needs to be made to Pf account by an employer who is registered under the PF Act. It is mandatory for all the organizations or establishments to pay PF online from September 2015.
pf payment – How to Pay PF / Provident Fund on EPFO
This EPF payment can be made online by the employer either via EPFO website or through authorized bank website where the employer has an account and net banking facility.
Currently, EPFO has tie-ups with almost all the banks to collect the EPF payment including banks like SBI, Indian Bank, ONB, Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, Allahabad Bank, ICICI Bank. Union Bank of India, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and HDFC Bank.
Procedure to do EPF payment online:
Employer’s who are contributing their portion to an employee’s EPF account the monthly payments can be done easily by following steps.
Visit the Unified Member Portal by clicking on the link https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/
- Log in to the Unified Member Portal of EPFO with your Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) portal details.
- Make sure that your PF details of the establishment like Name, Establishment ID, Address, Exemption Status and more are displayed correctly.
- Click on the Payment option and select the ECR Upload from the drop-down list.
- Now, select the Wage Month, Salary Disbursal Date, Rate of Contribution and upload your ECR text file.
- Make sure that the Rate of Contribution file which you upload will be either 12% or 10%. To know the format of your ECR file, you can click on the ECR Help File option.
- The uploaded ECR file will be validated according to the pre-set conditions and a screen will appear displaying a message File Validation Successful and a TRRN will be generated.
- You can make a note of this for further reference. If the validation is not successful, then it will show an error message.
- Make required changes to the ECR text file for the specified format and upload it again until it is successfully validate.
- Click on the button Verify after successful validation.
- After verifying all the details, click on the button Prepare Challan to generate your ECR summary sheet.
- In the next page, enter your Admin/Inspection Charges for a/c no. 2 & 22 and click on the button Generate Challan.
- Finally, click on the button Finalize after verifying the challan amount. Ensure to keep records of the acknowledgment number and receipt file of the challan in process.
- Now click on the Pay option against the relevant TRRN.
- Choose the payment mode as Online and select any of the banks appearing in the drop-down list to continue the payment process and click on Continue button.
- You will now be redirect to the payment gateway to complete the payment process. You need to enter your internet banking login details as you have to make payment through net banking.
- On successful payment, Payment/Transaction Id will be generate and an e-Receipt for transaction confirmation will be populated.