Link aadhar with Uan number, How to do, How to update eKYC Aadhar Procedure step by step online…
EPF has announced that link your Aadhar with Provident Fund account is not mandatory. But it is recommended to link your Aadhar with uan Universal Account Number for efficient tracking and record keeping. You can do the linking either through online or offline.
In online mode, you can complete the linking procedure in four different ways. Let’s find out the process to link your Aadhar with UAN.
Linking your Aadhar with Pf account using online mode:
Via UAN portal:
You need to follow the steps mentioned below to link your PF to your Aadhar.
- Visit the UAN member portal by clicking on the link https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in/
- Log in on the website by entering your UAN and password.
- Click on the option For Employees which is present under the UAN Member e-Seva.
- Click on the Manage button which is on the top panel and then select KYC.
- In the next page, you will find the option Add KYC where you need to provide your PAN, Aadhar, Bank, Passport, Driving License, Ration Card, Voter Card details.
- After filling up all the details, click on the button Submit.
- You can find these details under the Pending KYC tab.
- If your details are approved by the employer, then it will be shown under the Approved KYC tab.
That’s it! Linking your Aadhar to EPF account will help you in getting faster withdrawal and transfer process. For this, the current employer needs to approve and verify the KYC including your Aadhar details.
Linking Aadhar using UAMNG App:
EPFO has launched UAN-Aadhar linking facility to enhance the convenience of members using the EPFO link on the UMANG mobile app. Below are the steps for linking your UAN to Aadhar using the UMANG app.
- Open the app and enter your UAN.
- An OTP will be sent to your UAN registered mobile number.
- After entering the OTP, you need to enter your Aadhar details.
- Another OTP will be sent to your Aadhar registered mobile number and email.
- You need to enter the OTP received to verify and then the Aadhar will be linked with UAN,
Linking Aadhar via Biometric Credentials on e-KYC Portal:
To use this method, you only need to have a registered bio-metric device for Aadhar verification. If you do, then you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- -Go to the eKYC portal by clicking on the link https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/
- -Click on the option Link UAN Aadhar which is present under the For EPFO Members
- -Enter your UAN number.
- -You will receive an OTP to your UAN registered mobile number.
- -After the completion of OTP verification, you can enter your Aadhar details.
- -Choose the Aadhar Verification Method (using biometrics).
- -Now the biometric will be captured using the registered biometric device.
- -After successful verification, your Aadhar will be linked with UAN if and only if your UAN and Aadhar details are matched.
Linking Aadhar using OTP verification on e-KYC portal of EPFO
The below are the steps for linking your UAN to Aadhar on e-KYC Portal of EPFO using the OTP facility.
- Visit the EPF portal by clicking on the link https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/
- Click on the option Link UAN Aadhar which is under the For EPFO Members
- Enter your UAN.
- You will receive an OTP to your UAN registered mobile number.
- After the verification of OTP, you have to enter your Aadhar details.
- Select the Aadhar verification method (using Mobile/email based OTP).
- Another OTP will be sent to your Aadhar registered mobile number and email id.
- After successful verification, Aadhar will be linked with your UAN if both the details are matched.
Linking of Aadhar with PF account via Offline mode:
EPFO has also introduced the facility of linking your Aadhar number with EPF account offline. The EPF has developed an Aadhar linking application and the employee need to fill in the application form along with his/her UAN and Aadhar number along with other required information.
The employee then needs to attach self-attested copies of his/her UAN, PAN, and Aadhar along with this form. These documents need to submit at the field offices of EPFO or Common Service Centers. After successful verification, your Aadhar will be linked to your EPF account. The employee will receive a message on his/her registered mobile number.
By linking your UAN to Aadhar, the claim settlement process will become easier and in much less time consuming.
How to update your e-KYC details?
Now you can update your KYC details for EPF online using the UAN EPFO portal. In order to update or change the details of your KYC on UAN EPFO portal, you need UAN credential. You can login on the EPFO member portal and update your KYC by uploading necessary documents online.
These KYC details include Aadhar card, PAN card number, and bank account details. If you have not yet updated these details on the EPFO portal, then you need to do it now. Updating your EPF will offer you some benefits such as:
- You do not face any delay during the transfer or withdrawal of money if you have proper KYC document completed account.
- Your claim may get rejected if you have not updated your bank account details.
- If you have not submitted KYC documents, then you will not get any SMS alerts.
Documents required to update KYC:
- National Population Register
- Bank Account Number
- Driving License
- Voter Card
- Ration Card
e KYC link aadhar with UAN PRocess:
Now follow the below steps to update your KYC information online.
- Visit the EPFO UAN portal by clicking on the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Login on to the website by entering your UAN and password.
- In the Manage tab, you will find the option KYC and Contact detail.
- Choose the KYC information you want to update from the list.
- Submit required document for verifying the details.
- Update the detail on portal. The status of KYC will be displayed as pending until the details are approved by the employer.
- After successful verification, the status of your KYC will be changed as Approved by employer. You will also receive an SMS after the status is changed.